MYTH GAMES AND HOBBY INC POLICIES AND RULES
- Exchanges on non-collectable items are accepted within 7 days from purchase with a receipt if in new, unopened, and sellable condition for store credit only.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL on collectable items: Card game packs, card singles, blind booster items, clearance items, or other items as determined by Myth Games and Hobby Inc.
Pre-Orders and Special Orders Policy
- There is no deposit required on normally stocked items that are in print and available but have sold out from our immediate inventory. We will gladly place a hold ticket on that item and pull it for you the next time a restock is received.
- Hold tickets on normally stocked items not yet purchased will be valid for 24 hours or a time specified, after which the item will be returned to inventory.
- For in-print items not normally stocked, the special-order deposit is the price of the item minus a 10% courtesy discount. This is considered payment in full and when the item arrives it may be picked up with no further payment required.
- Out-of-print items or items that are not currently available in distribution are not offered as special orders, but the staff is happy to offer guidance on how to obtain such items.
- Some items anticipated for high demand on release may have pre-order offers available. The offer will typically indicate the pre-order price of the item and when it is expected to arrive.
- Fully paid special-order items will be held up to 90 days for your convenience. After 90 days they may be disposed of due to storage constraints.
Lost and Found Policy
- All staff, players, spectators, customers, and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that ensures others may enjoy themselves engaging in their hobby. If your conduct makes it not fun for anyone else to participate, observe, shop, or be at Myth Games and Hobby Inc then it is not allowed.
- Myth Games and Hobby Inc reserves the right to ask anyone to leave and at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events if you violate any portion of the Code of Conduct.
- Participation in our events may result in your photograph being taken for promotion on Myth Games and Hobby Inc's website, social media, and/or literature, or for submission to a publisher or sponsoring entity as may be required for organized play administration. By participating in our events you are agreeing to let your image and likeness be used as described above.
The following are not tolerated:
- Language: Foul, abusive, discriminatory, or otherwise derogatory language will not be tolerated on the premises. You may be expelled from any event without prizes at the sole discretion of Myth Games and Hobby Inc staff for violation of this rule.
- Bullying: Hazing, unacceptable language (see above), harassing comments or activities will not be tolerated. You may be asked to leave and/or be banned from returning to Myth Games and Hobby Inc at the sole discretion of staff for violation of this rule. At the discretion of Myth Games and Hobby Inc staff, individuals committing bullying at other game and/or comic stores or online may also be banned from entering the premises.
- Theft: The removal of any property against the presumptive intent of the property’s rightful owner is not tolerated at Myth Games and Hobby Inc. Violation of this rule will result in a minimum ban of 30 days and a report of the incident to the Calgary Police and to a sanctioning entity, where applicable. At our discretion, individuals committing theft at other game and/or comic stores may also be banned from entering the premises. Theft may include unfair or inequitable trading practices. Myth Games and Hobby Inc reserves the right to search any container, bag, case, etc, at any time.
- Improper attire: Wearing of obscene, demeaning, filthy, or overly revealing attire is not permitted. You may be asked to leave if you are wearing anything that we believe to be inappropriate. This is at the sole discretion of Myth Games and Hobby Inc staff.
- Poor personal hygiene: You may be asked to leave and rectify the situation if you exhibit an unpleasant bodily odor or present a disruptive hygienic situation.
- Alcohol and illegal drug usage: Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited on the premises whether in or out of your person. Any person with illegal drugs at Myth Games and Hobby Inc may be subject to a lifetime ban on the first offense, without warning.
- Weapons: Myth Games and Hobby Inc prohibits the carrying of weapons in a manner inconsistent with applicable law. Myth Games and Hobby Inc requests that individuals legally carrying weapons keep them put away, out of sight, and/or leave them in your vehicle.
- Horseplay: Myth Games and Hobby Inc does not tolerate horseplay of any kind, including hitting, kicking, mock fighting, etc. You may be asked to leave if you violate this rule.
The following are expected from all players, customers, spectators, and staff:
- Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. A player should prefer to lose a game rather than to win by cheating. Players observed cheating in an event may be subject to disqualification without prize and potential suspension or other consequences from the event game’s sanctioning entity.
- Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly. If a player inadvertently breaks a rule during a game, the player should make the opponent and judge aware of the misplay.
- Integrity: Taking advantage of inexperienced players or customers for personal gain through trades, or non-passive promotion of competing businesses at our events, will not be tolerated. Enforcement of this rule is subject to the discretion of Myth Games and Hobby Inc staff.
- Safety: Individuals observing an illegal activity are expected to report it immediately to the Myth Games and Hobby Inc staff. Observing illegal activity and not reporting it can make you an accessory to the crime. Individuals reporting illegal activity who are not party to the illegal activity may be assured that “good Samaritan” or “whistleblower” courtesy will be extended to them, and if applicable, the reporting individual’s identity may be kept confidential.
- Respect: Individuals should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves, extending to their property and enjoyment of the premises. Conducting business on the premises without the express written permission of Myth Games and Hobby Inc is disrespectful of the community and the business of Myth Games and Hobby Inc. This includes buying or selling cards or other items other than to or from Myth Games and Hobby Inc, and promotion of any goods or events for any other venue.
- Food and beverages: On a limited basis, Myth Games and Hobby Inc allows players to bring in food and drinks from outside the premises, such as for lunch or dinner. Be reasonable.
- Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of any game. Players who berate their opponents after winning or losing a match can sour enjoyment of the gaming hobby for others. Accordingly, demeaning and disrespectful conduct before, during, and after a game will not be tolerated.
- Learning: The community thrives when new players are welcomed. Players should strive to help one another increase skill, knowledge, and experience. It is not required that a player make his or her opponent’s plays. However, players facing inexperienced opponents should be considerate of the inexperienced player’s need for time to make decisions, clarification of rules or card or unit abilities, or explanation of the game state. In the event an inexperienced player plays slowly enough that a match timeout may occur, please alert a judge so that neither player is unduly penalized for being accommodating.