Our Community Outreach Program!
We want everyone to play more games!
Myth Games has always promoted community of just being a “store” as such, we wanted to launch our Community Outreach program!
This is meant for any school. Church, library, Youth Club etc. that would like to run a Games night for families to try more than just “Monopoly”.
Best of all: THESE EVENTS ARE FREE for all non-profit organizations or schools!
We have a library of games numbering over 150 that we would love to showcase to everyone!
Here’s how it works
- You request to schedule a game night with the Myth Minions by filling out the form below.
Please check the Community Outreach Calendar to see if there are any conflicts before you schedule your event.
We don’t accept email, in person, or phone requests.
We ask that you schedule this at least 30 days in advance of the event so that we can make sure we are able to staff it, you are able to advertise it and everything runs smoothly.
If you’d like us to help with door prizes for your guests, we help you select age appropriate games, and offer a Game Night Door Prize discount on the games for your event. Just tell us your budget and we’ll help you stretch it as far as possible.
- After we receive your request we’ll review it within 2 business days (that means after a weekend if you send your request on Thursday or Friday) to make sure we can support it –
We try our best to support all the events, but sometimes we can’t do them on the date/time you ask for.
We also won’t come out for a for profit event without compensation.
- Events are not approved until we contact you with approval and put them on the Myth Games Community Outreach Calendar. We will email you back and put your event on the Myth Games Community Outreach Calendar. You’ll also get an invitation to that event via the email you used to request the Game Night.
If you don’t hear back from us within 3 business days or have questions please email email@example.com.
Make sure you include the name of your group and the date of your request in the email.
Once your Game Night is approved then it’s time to get ready for the event!
- Your group should advertise the event (we will do so in store and on our Facebook Page as well), set up the venue, get some non-messy snacks and get the tables ready the day of the event. Damage to games will result in fees assessed, so please keep that in mind when planning refreshments!
- For larger groups we may need some volunteers to help teach games and supervise tables. These folks can come in to any of our Board Game nights and learn the game well before the event. We hold Board Game nights every other Tuesday at 6:00pm. Please see our Calendar here.
- For in school events during normal school hours we ask for teachers to be present to assist with supervision of all groups. Please note, our Minions do have background checks available upon request of the school. Teachers must speak with their Principles before contacting us to run an event.
- If you have door prizes planned you’ll need to figure out how you want to give them away (we strongly suggest a ticket bucket for each game so that families have the best chance to get the game they really want).
On the day of your Game Night
The Myth Games’ Minions bring all the games, prizes (if your group purchased these from us), and staff to teach the games and run the game night for you. Normally there will be 2 of the Myth Minions coming out to set up and run games.
We will work with you on what styles of games, age appropriate, themed nights etc. you want us to bring. We have our list of board games available here.
We’ll present these in a high energy manner and encourage everyone to play. Myth Games staff will also teach families how to play the games and be on hand to help with the entire evening.
Game nights within 20km of Calgary are usually free, outside that area we ask for compensation for mileage.
Donations are always appreciated to help us defray the costs of the Myth Games Community Outreach Program but are not required.
At the end of the night the Minons give your guests a handout telling them about the games they played and encouraging them to visit our stores for a new game, then we pack up the games and are off to another night.